Monday, 9 September 2013

Music Focus: Lorde

I heard 'Tennis Court' on the radio and also throughout the Wimbledon Games this summer. After a quick Shazam, I discovered Lorde! I scoured YouTube for more of her material and then discovered another great track, 'Royals'. Both songs went to No. 1 in New Zealand, which is a wonderful achievement!
Her sound is part of the new electronic/synthy/alternative sounds that are finally being appreciated and like by the masses.
Ella Yelich-O'Connor (birth name) is a 16 year-old singer from Auckland, New Zealand and is signed to Universal. 
Her debut album 'Pure Herione' will be released at the end of this month.
source
Lorde Twitter
Ear Lovin'

2 comments:

  1. I love Royals, I've heard it quite a bit recently - really really good x

    luciescorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete